Thursday, July 21, 2011

WE WILL MISS YOU!

It's always hard to say goodbye to a friend or co-worker, but I can't think of a better way to do so than with cake?

I made this cake and cupcakes for the office where my sister works.  They had a very special person leaving and they wanted her to have something very different.  No ordinary cake would do for this occasion! So I put my thinking cap on and came up with this.

This cake was chocolate vodka fudge with a buttercream icing covered with marshmallow fondant. The stars are chocolate fudge cake also covered with marshmallow fondant.

The yummy cupcakes are chocolate vodka fudge and my famous caramel macchiato adorned with fondant confetti.

The stars on the wires are paper but the sign on the cake is made of fondant and sugar sprinkles, nothing too sweet for this dear lady. 

She was sent off with a blast and the cake was a success!

1 comment:

  1. This cake was a big hit! Not much left over.

    ReplyDelete