Friday, July 22, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STELLA

Today is Stella's 2nd birthday and this is my first cake for her.

Kids birthday cakes are my absolute favorite and I sure hope I get to celebrate many more birthdays with this precious little girl!
Some of my clients know exactly what they want down to the smallest detail and others give me a few key points to work with and let my imagination run wild! This mom said that her sweet girl loves the color pink as well as balls and balloons, so I thought a pink cake with both would be fun.

For this cake, I made a vanilla cake and covered it with pink buttercream. I then made colorful circle cutouts from fondant and placed them all around the cake.

The top of the cake has colorful balls made from fondant that are then suspended with cake wires.  A pretty "2" candle sits in the middle just waiting for a wish to be made on it. What a sweet cake for a sweet little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment