Thursday, July 21, 2011

ICE CREAM OREO CAKE

Who doesn't love cake and ice cream?

I have Celiac Sprue (which is a terrible thing to have when you bake cakes!) so I have to maintain a gluten free diet.  Until recently, it has been hard to find good tasting desserts so I am always experimenting with new ways to create yummy treats that I can enjoy. Over the summer, I found this cute silicone mold that looks like an Oreo cookie and I have really enjoyed making fun treats with it.  

Our neighborhood had a party for Memorial Day and I wanted to bring something a little different than a regular cake, so I decided to make an Ice Cream cake using chocolate chip ice cream and chocolate almond cake. Yum!  No one even noticed that this creation was gluten free. It was delicious and didn't last long!

I also made these cute little stars which were filled with chocolate ganche' and topped with a chocolate flavored vodka buttercream.  And just to make us feel like it was a little bit healthy, I threw in some strawberries and blueberries for color. 

What a wonderful party it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment