Wednesday, July 20, 2011

PAINT A PIG

My granddaughter Addison just celebrated her 4th birthday, which is so hard to believe!  I have so much fun helping her Mom plan her birthday party each year!  I just love designing the perfect cake to go with her party theme!   

This year Addison requested a "painting party" so her Mom purchased adorable Piggy banks for each of the kids and I went to town designing the perfect cake!  

The cake was a black and white cake covered in marshmallow fondant.  Colorful paint splashes covered the cake with number "4"s floating out of the cake.  You will even find a small pink pig perched right on the edge of this precious cake - the perfect little detail!  Of course no one can paint without a paint bucket, so I made a little bucket of paint (complete with its own set of brushes) using vanilla cake and then covered it in marshmallow fondant as well.       

And what birthday party is complete without cupcakes?  These yummy cupcakes are my famous chocolate almond cake with a cream cheese buttercream frosting.  Each have their own small painter's palette on them, the perfect detail for a perfect little girl!

Addison's party was a success and so was the cake.  She still loves to look at the pictures of it! Can't wait to see what I get to do for her next year!


Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment