Friday, July 22, 2011

EASTER BONNET CAKE

Happy Easter Everyone!

My whole family is coming over today for Easter dinner and an egg hunt and I can't wait! I hope each of you have a wonderful day with your families!

At my house, no holiday is complete without a lot of cakes! One of my favorite things about Easter has always been the beautiful Easter bonnets the little girls wear, so I let that be my inspiration for this dainty Easter bonnet cake.
 
A 10 inch round pan made the perfect base for my bonnet and my Pampered Chef measuring cup (the 4 cup size) made the perfect top. 

I decided to make this cake a coconut cake and then I iced it in a coconut flavored buttercream. Some toasted flaked coconut sprinkled on top, gave this sweet bonnet the appearance of a straw hat. The flowers and ribbon are made from my homemade marshmellow fondant and were the perfect finish for this pretty cake that looked perfect on my dessert table and tasted even better! 

Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment