Tuesday, July 26, 2011

CALLA LILLIES & PEARLS

Once again I had the pleasure of creating a cake for my neighbor and friend, Renee. 

Her son Matt had just announced that he was getting married and she was planning an engagement party for him and his bride to be, Mollie. 

We decided on a white cake and the colors peach and ivory.  She told me that whatever I chose to do was fine with her but mentioned that Mollie loves flowers.  Wow...what a trusting friend she is!  I thought that peach calla lillies would be beautiful sitting on top of ivory fondant and since they are also one of my favorite flowers to make, I decided I would use them for this cake.

The cake was a white cake iced with buttercream and then covered with ivory colored fondant.  On the top and bottom, I placed the calla lillies which were made from gum paste and then added some simple pearls for an elegant touch to this special cake. Nothing too fancy, just simple and elegant.

They were planning on having children at the party so I made cookies shaped like hearts and flowers and then decorated them with fondant and sprinkles. I also made yummy treats using Marshmallows stacked on a stick and then dipped them in white chocolate & sprinkles.  The kids LOVED them!

Rice Krispy Treats cut small for little hands were also dipped in white chocolate and covered in sprinkles. I placed these yummy treats in pretty wicker baskets with grass and they were also used as decor on the dessert table made just for the kids. What better than decorations you can eat???

What a great party this celebration turned out to be! The guests loved all the desserts and most importantly, Matt and Mollie were thrilled with their cake.

Congratulations Matt and Mollie!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful cake. Just love the flowers and pearls. So soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete