Thursday, July 21, 2011

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

I just love watching children grow! I had the pleasure of making this handsome guy's third birthday cake and now he just turned five. On his third birthday, he wanted a Monster Truck cake and I must say, it was a MONSTER Cake. I bet that cake weighed 30 pounds!

So this year Jake wanted to celebrate with Darth Vader. Jake's favorite cake is vanilla so that's exactly what he got. The cake was vanilla cake with buttercream icing.  I carved the bottom layer to look like an exploding meteor and covered it with black buttercream. The top layer represents the galaxy and was covered with blue buttercream and lots of silver painted fondant stars. The Star Wars logo was carved lovingly from sugar sheets.

Darth Vader himself was the candle holder and a red candle made a great light saber. The cupcakes were also vanilla cake but to make them look a little special, I swirled the white and blue buttercream together and topped them off with a fondant star and a Darth Vader helmet.

Happy Birthday Jake and May The Force Be with You!

No comments:

Post a Comment