Friday, July 22, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALI



Ali is the Granddaughter of Renee, who is a friend of mine and her second birthday was quickly approaching.  I had the pleasure of making Renee's other Granddaughter, Stella's second birthday cake recently so I was honored to have the opportunity to make another cake for another special girl in this wonderful family.

Renee shared with me that Ali loves kitty cats so I set out to make the perfect cat cake for her.  I started with a vanilla cake iced in purple buttercream and used that for the base of the cake. I made the head using a round ball shaped pan and once the cake was cooled, I cut it in half to make the sweetest kitty cat head which I then iced with a white buttercream icing.

I used black circles cut from fondant for the eyes and then placed a plastic movable eye in the center held of them on with a dab of frosting. The ears, nose and tongue are made out of pink fondant that were cut into small hearts and then folded into the perfect shape.  Spaghetti made perfect whiskers for this sweet kitty and vanilla wafers covered in white buttercream were used for her little paws.  Lots of white buttercream and ALOT of piping with my grass tip helped make this sweet kitty look soft enough to snuggle. I added some puffy cheeks and a pink shell border and she was all set for Ali's birthday party!

Renee said Ali loved her birthday cake and I have to admit, so did I!

No comments:

Post a Comment