Tuesday, July 26, 2011

LET THE GOODTIMES ROLL



My friend Mr. Cook is celebrating his 75th birthday so only a very special cake would do for this occasion.

When his wife and I started to brainstorm about the perfect cake for him, she shared with me that she would like to do something that showed his love for traveling. They had just returned from Las Vegas, one of his favorite places to travel so we decided it would be fun to throw a Poker Party!

This cake is made from a lemon cake with a buttercream frosting and covered in my homemade marshmallow fondant. The dice are also lemon cake that I covered in buttercream and then decorated with fondant dots.

The hearts,diamonds and spade shapes are also made from fondant and placed around the bottom layer of the cake. A few playing cards and some gold coins and we were on a roll and ready to wish Glen a VERY Happy 75th Birthday!

Happy Birthday Glen! Let The Good Times Roll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment