Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BIRTHDAYS & BUBBLEGUM




What a fun and colorful cake this was!

Lola Cate is my Granddaughter's best friend and she was turning five.  Lola Cate loves bubblegum so it seemed only fitting that this sweet girl would have a bubblegum themed birthday party. Her Mom and I thought it would be fun to make her a bubblegum cake and I believe it turned out perfectly.

Lola Cate's favorite flavor of cake is vanilla so I covered a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and my homemade marshmallow fondant.  I cut out colorful fondant circles in all different colors and sizes and placed them all over the cake.  Bubblegum spilling out of a gumball machine and a few gold coins helped to decorate the top of this fun cake. Pink fondant sprinkled with sparkle dust was used to spell her name and make the big number "5".

Lola Cate was having lots of friends at her party so I made cupcakes to go along with this cake. I wanted them to be sweet and simple so I used vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and placed a single gumball on top of each of them.

Lola Cate's party was a huge success and she loved her cake. Happy Birthday Lola Cate!

No comments:

Post a Comment