Friday, July 22, 2011

"HERE A CHICK...THERE A CHICK...EVERYWHERE A CHICK CHICK!"


As I mentioned before, no holiday is complete at my house without a lot of cute cakes.

This little chicken cake turned out absolutely adorable and the kids loved it! 

I have a set of paisley shaped cake pans that I have been able to use for many different designs and the smallest pan of that set made the perfect body for this little guy.

He is a chocolate coconut cake iced in buttercream and then covered with my homemade marshmallow fondant.  His little eye, beak, wing and feet are also made from the same marshmallow fondant.  He is nestled comfortably in a bed of Easter grass made from flaked coconut that I dyed green using food coloring.

Now all we need is a plate and a fork.  Can someone cut it please?

No comments:

Post a Comment