Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Jedi Michael & Jedi Andrew

Chocolate Cupcakes for Everyone

Yummy Vanilla & Fudge Cupcakes
Legos For Everyone

Vanilla Lego Cupcakes 
Death Star and the Lego Universe
Michael is my nephew and will be turning 5 this year. But not alone. His best
friend Andrew is also turning 5. Their favorite thing right now is Star Wars lego's.
What a great birthday party theme. 

For the cake I made some lego blocks as realistic as I could so they could sit their figures on them.
Then I thought for the Star Wars part I would make the Death Star Ship.
Well it had to land on something so I figured a meteor might work as a base.
This is my idea of how a meteor should look made of cake.

There was a ton of people at this party so we needed lots of cake and cupcakes too. I was able to find some lego blocks candy at a local icecream shoppe and they looked great on top of the cupcakes.
I made fondant stars for the others.  They looked awesome!

This cake was very heavy and quite large so I had to build a base. Using foam board I covered it with fondant and with the real lego mat I made the impressions.
Each lego was a different flavor.  We had chocolate, vanilla and chocolate fudge swirl.
The Death Star Ship was a vanillla cake and the meteor was chocolate.

Now to deliver this massive cake.

How we got that cake there and down to the basement was a hoot!
I held my breath while the two dads walked it downstairs to the party room.
They did a great job walking that huge cake down those stairs.
Whew!  Way to go guys.

I am sure that next year I will get yet another tough challenge from my nephew.
I am so looking forward to it.
Happy 5th Birthday little guys and may the Lego Force Be With You Both

1 comment: